Pace is an intelligent assistant app, which aids you in taking regular breaks from your computer.
Pace has shorter and longer breaks. The short breaks cause you to stop and move around in your chair a little bit. The longer breaks are for getting up and moving around.
Sometimes its not the right time to take a break. Pace allows skipping of breaks as well as snoozing of breaks. You determine your level of self-discipline and the support you need from Pace. You can set Pace to limit the skips and snoozes or disable these options all together.
Pace knows when making you take a break would be disruptive to others. It has advanced features that automatically pause breaks for:
- Screen sharing (via GoToMeeting®, Cisco WebEx, TeamViewer, and join.me).
- Meetings in your calendar.
- When you are presenting in Keynote or Powerpoint.
Productivity and Health
Interested in the science and practice of using frequent breaks to improve your productivity and good health? Check out these articles:
- NYTimes: To Stay on Schedule, Take a Break
- Science Daily: Brief diversions vastly improve focus, researchers find
- Huffington Post: You've Been Taking Breaks All Wrong. Here's How To Do It Right.
- Work Awesome: The Path to Productivity: Short Hours, More Breaks
Go here for support.